[hobbit] client error on startup

Stewart L stewartl42 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 14:17:11 CET 2009

You can make your own RPMS from the source code.

untar the archive and there is a makerpm script

# cd /tmp
# wget
http://internap.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/hobbitmon/xymon-4.2.2.tar.gz
# tar xzvf xymon-4.2.2.tar.gz
# cd xymon-4.2.2
# ./build/makerpm.sh 4.2.2
# ll ./rpmbuild/RPMS/i386/
total 7992
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3630147 2009-01-22 08:13 hobbit-4.2.2-1.i386.rpm
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  291183 2009-01-22 08:13
hobbit-client-4.2.2-1.i386.rpm
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4239921 2009-01-22 08:13
hobbit-debuginfo-4.2.2-1.i386.rpm

viola!

you need to make sure that you have the dependencies installed (likely need
the rpmforge yum repo to make this work correctly)
# yum install pcre-devel fping rrdtool rrdtool-devel openssl openssl-devel
openldap openldap-devel
# yum groupinstall 'Development Tools'

--
Stewart