Display acknowlegde cause after expiration of the duration.

Bart Gillis bart.gillis at msp.be
Thu Jan 15 11:51:15 CET 2009

Hi,
I've been looking in the mail archive but couldn't find any answer for
the following question:

If an error resizes and sends an alert, we create an incident ticket and
acknowledge this error in Xymon.
During this acknowledgement we put the ticket number in the "Cause"
field and we put the minutes that solving the problem is going to take
in the "Duration" field..
In the Xymon web display we can see the acknowledge information. :-)
If the resolving time is longer, the acknowledgement for this error will
be released and sends an new error message.
The Xymon Display doesn't show any information of a previous
acknowledgement.
In the acknowledge log I can see that this error has the still the same
error ID.

Is there a way to display the information of an error that was
previously acknowledged so that we can instantaneous see that we've
already created an incident ticket for this error?

Best regards,

Bart