[hobbit] A new year and I still can't get Xymon to send emails

Stewart L stewartl42 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 23:33:01 CET 2009

Is sendmail running on the box?

Mine is on a RHEL3 box.  Simply tell sendmail that emails for your domain go
to your exchange server in the milertable and it should work.

Add a line like below to the mailertable. (/etc/mail/mailertable on RHEL)
mydomain.com         smtp:exchange.mydomain.com

Then you can restart sendmail and test.

Can you send from the command line?

do this...(substituting for your email address)

# echo "test" | mail -s "Test email" email at mydomain.com

check sendmails log to see what is happening.

Stew

--
Stewart