[hobbit] Monitoring file sizes

Darrin Khan medavian at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 03:30:22 CET 2009

Hi Paul,

You will also need an entry in the hobbit-clients.cfg file.

The entry in client-local.cfg tells the hobbit client to check this file and
send the details on the file
back to the server, where as the one in hobbit-clients.cfg does the
evaluation of the data
returned from the hobbit client.

It is pretty well documented. Maybe something like ..

HOST=nms.am.my.net
    FILE /bin/sh yellow TRACK

Hope this helps ..

Darrin

2009/1/8 Paul Ward <pnward at googlemail.com>

> Hi All,
>
> I a bit of a newbie to hobbit / xymon so please forgive me.
>
> I have been trying to get my hobbit server to monitor a file called
> /home/xymon/test.txt, so I can log the growth on it, should I append
> TRACK to it?
>
> I have modified client-local.cfg and added
> [linux]
> log:/var/log/messages:10240
> file:/home/xymon/test.txt
>
> I have no data in hobbit to show for this what am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks
>

> --
>
> email: pnward at googlemail.com
> website: http://www.pward.co.uk
> MSN: pob2000is at hotmail.com
> Skype: paul.n.ward

Darrin Khan
medavian at gmail.com

Timothy Leary  - "Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition."