rhel3 client help

Jeff Hunt Jeff.Hunt at gfigroup.com
Fri Feb 27 18:58:17 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm new to the xymon world and just installed the 4.2.3 client on a few rhel 3 servers (Taroon and Taroon Update 6), but both servers stop reporting cpu, mem, disk, etc. shortly after the initial startup.  I went through the archives and noticed a thread titled, "RHEL3 client runs for 30 minutes then stops sending data" from 2007, which sounded a lot like my issue, but I didn't see a resolution posted within that thread.  Can someone point me in the right direction towards getting this resolved please?

Fyi, I do notice the following processes running after I start the client, but after about 5 minutes or so the hobbitclient.sh, hobbitclient-linux.sh and vmstat process stop running.  Only the hobbitlaunch process remains.

xymon    20939     1  0 23:39 ?        00:00:00 /usr/local/xymon/client/bin/hobbitlaunch --config=/usr/local/xymon/client/etc/clientlaunch.cfg --log=/usr/local/xymon/client/logs/clientlaunch.log --pidfile=/usr/local/xymon/client/logs/clientlaunch.nyqawebapp1.pid
xymon    20940 20939  0 23:39 ?        00:00:00 /bin/sh /usr/local/xymon/client/bin/hobbitclient.sh
xymon    20944 20940  0 23:39 ?        00:00:00 /bin/sh /usr/local/xymon/client/bin/hobbitclient-linux.sh
xymon    20961 20944  0 23:39 ?        00:00:00 sh -c vmstat 300 2 1>/usr/local/xymon/client/tmp/hobbit_vmstat.nyqawebapp1.20944 2>&1; mv /usr/local/xymon/client/tmp/hobbit_vmstat.nyqawebapp1.20944 /usr/local/xymon/client/tmp/hobbit_vmstat.nyqawebapp1
admin    20965 19484  0 23:39 pts/1    00:00:00 grep hob

Thanks,

Jeff

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message (including any attachments) is intended solely for the use of GFI Group Inc., its affiliates and the individual addressee(s). This message may contain confidential and/or private information privileged to recipient or recipients named above. If you are not the authorized recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient(s), please immediately notify the sender by e-mail at the address shown above and delete this message from your system, other storage mechanism and/or shred the document and any attachments. Any unauthorized use, review or dissemination of this message in whole or in part by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. GFI Group Inc. shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your system.