[hobbit] ncv/splitncv question(s)

dOCtoR MADneSs doctor at makelofine.org
Wed Feb 25 14:34:48 CET 2009

Wally.nl a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> After creating custom graphs with NCV for our san's storage processor load
> I wanted to graph the read & write iops of our san on a per-lun basis. I
> hoped it could be done kind of dynamic (like disk) with NCV but that seems
> impossible. My san management station is spitting out nice status messages
> (using bbwincmd) formatted like this:
>
> <hobbit_display> status san lun,<lun#> green <timestamp> ReadIOPS :
> <#oips> WriteIOPS : <#iops>
>
> which result in numerous new columns under 'san' like "lun,11" "lun,12"
> etc (used the ",<#>" format since the 'disk' rrd's seem to use it). I was
> hoping they would all be 'hidden' in one 'lun' column (like disk) but that
> was wishfull thinking. Any solution/fix for this is welcome. Clicking one
> of these columns does show the correct results however (...although no
> graph since it doesn't even make rrd's).
>
> After reading about SPLITNCV in
> http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2008/10/msg00423.html I could put something
> like
>
> SPLITNCV_lun="ReadIOPS:GAUGE,WriteIOPS:GAUGE"
>
> in my hobbitserver.cfg but if I understand correctly this would result in
> 2 rrd files lun.ReadIOPS.rrd and lun.WriteIOPS.rrd and that's not what I'm
> looking for. I'm hoping someone here "had fun" with something like this
> before and is able to point me in the right direction since I'm at the
> point that my head is about to explode.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Wally

> hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk
>

> From - Tue

Hi,

What do you want, exactly ?
For information, SPLITNCV (and NCV too) needs a pre-formated output :
NAME1: VALUE1
NAME2: VALUE2
You need a new line character at this end of your output (don't ask me
why...)
You can use NAME= VALUE instead of NAME: VALUE.

An advice, if your script sends data in the right format, you can use
SPLITNCV_test=*:GAUGE
it allows to get any value stored in RRD file.

In hobbitgraphs.cfg, you can use the following syntax :
[test]
        TITLE My I/O test
        YAXIS I/O per second
        FNPATTERN test,(.*).rrd
        DEF:@RRDIDX@=@RRDFN@:lambda:AVERAGE
        LINE2:@RRDIDX@#@COLOR@:@RRDPARAM@
        GPRINT:@RRDIDX@:LAST: \: %5.1lf (cur)
        GPRINT:@RRDIDX@:MAX: \: %5.1lf (max)
        GPRINT:@RRDIDX@:MIN: \: %5.1lf (min)
        GPRINT:@RRDIDX@:AVERAGE: \: %5.1lf (avg)\n

I hope it could help you.
I think it could be usefull to know what you exactly want for final
result. (multiple graphs, one graph with multiple lines...)