Windows Performance Counter Monitoring Using Mono Application

Neil Franken nfranken at theunlimitedworld.co.za
Thu Feb 19 12:48:16 CET 2009

Hi Guys/Girls

For those of you that are interested it is very easy and possible to
write a application in Mono that reads the windows performance counters
and then report them back to XyMon.  So if you guys and or girls want
some free code to get you going with the mono project drop me a mail and
I will be more than happy to help. Basically you compile a windows
application on *nix (lovely) and schedule it with bbwin. Runs pretty
well.  It is a starting point but I think with a little work I could
make it generic and you could use this to monitor any performance
counter just by editing a INI/CFG file.

So if you are interested in developing your own monitors in a fast
effective way give me a shout and I will get in contact with you.

Regards

Neil