Remote hobbit server's ports & procs flapping Green/Clear on secondary BBDISPLAY

Bill Arlofski waa-hobbitml at revpol.com
Tue Feb 17 14:20:32 CET 2009

Per my email to the list last night to Neil entitled "Re: [hobbit] Securing
Xymon Over Internet"  I have some clients with their own local hobbit server
which I have configured to also send to my xymon server as a secondary BBDISPLAY.

I have noticed that two tests on one remote server continually go green and
then clear at the same time.   That is, just now at 08:03:08 procs shows that
it when from CLEAR to GREEN, then at the same time when BACK from GREEN to
CLEAR. This continues with every 5  minute cycle.

--[snip from the Current non-green Systems screen]--

Tue Feb 17 08:03:08 2009 	dns.myclient.org	ports	 G  C
Tue Feb 17 08:03:08 2009 	dns.myclient.org	procs	 G  C
Tue Feb 17 08:03:08 2009 	dns.myclient.org	ports	 C  G
Tue Feb 17 08:03:08 2009 	dns.myclient.org	procs	 C  G

--[snip from the Current non-green Systems screen]--

At the client site, their hobbit server currently reports "No events received
in the last 240 minutes."

These two tests, ports and procs are actually ON my clients hobbit server. All
other ports/procs tests on their other machines report back to me fine and are
not flapping Green/Clear.

Where can I look to begin to determine what is causing this green/clear flapping?

THANKS!

--
Bill Arlofski
Reverse Polarity, LLC