[hobbit] xymon 4.2.2 problem

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Feb 11 22:38:52 CET 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 07:19:37PM +0100, dOCtoR MADneSs wrote:
> I'm running xymon 4.2.2 client on an ARM based host, running linux. All
> is running ok but the memory test. I can run manually vmstat and I get
> results. I can start the hobbitclient-linux.sh script, and it doesn't
> give me the vmstat output. When i run manually vmstat with same
> parameters, I get an output.
> Can some one help me, or at least give me a tip to find what's wrong ?

vmstat is a bit special on the client side, because the client only
starts the vmstat data collection as a background process (using the
'nohup' utility), and then picks up the output on the next run.

This is because vmstat must be running for 5 minutes to pick up
the average values over a 5 minute period.

But if the client has been running for more than 5 minutes, then
you should see a [vmstat] section in the client message data.
If not, the first place to look would be the hobbitclient.log file
in the clients' logs/ directory.