Question about CPU monitoring on Windoooz Box.

Neil Franken nfranken at theunlimitedworld.co.za
Mon Feb 2 08:16:05 CET 2009

Hi All

Just a quick question. I have hobbit monitoring a windows machine
running BBWin. The machine has 8 CPU cores. I set up the cpu warning
level to 5.0 and panic level to 7.0. The hobbit monitor then issues a
warning and turns yellow/red, however when I look at the CPU by clicking
the icon it reports the CPU as using something like 06%.

What I want to know is the following:

1)The load monitoring in the hobbit-client.cfg is specified in percent
thus 10.0 = 10%? Am I correct with this assumption.

2) Does hobbit change status based on the load of a individual cpu core
or the total. Thus if one core goes over the threshold does it generate
a warning or must all the core go over the threshold?

Thanks for the help.

Regards

Neil

"Questions are the answers"