[hobbit] Alignment of Server names different on IE versus Firefox

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 23:15:28 CET 2009

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Anna Jonna Armannsdottir <
annajonna at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-12-23 at 09:28 -0500, THOMAS ANDERSEN wrote:
> > I recently installed Xymon 4.3.0-o.beta2 on my Ubuntu system. The
> > pages look great on Firefox. However, on IE all the servers are
> > centered. I need them to be left justified like in FireFox. What do I
> > do to fix this? Thanks!
>
> The server names are always the leftmost column. Next are all kinds of
> information columns like conn etc. This is in a centered table.  If You
> have many columns, it may seem as if the servernames are left
> justified.
> What happens if You make the letters appear smaller in IE?

If you look at the page source, the server name column is not justified.
 You can fix that for yourself in the source.  In the copy I have, it's in
bbdisplay/pagegen.c around line 409.  Look for something like:

        fprintf(output, "<TR class=line>\n <TD NOWRAP><A
NAME=\"%s\"> </A>\n", h->hostname);

Changing the <TD NOWRAP> to <TD NOWRAP align=left> ought to do it.
Recompile, then copy the new bbisplay/bbgen binary over to your server/bin
directory.

Your milage may vary, etc...

BTW, both Google Chrome for Linux and Firefox-3.5.6 show the server names
left justified.

Ralph Mitchell