[hobbit] Xymon monitoring of ESX servers

Peter Welter peter.welter at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 10:32:07 CET 2009

We use esxi that does not allow you to install anything on the hosts.
However, vmware does provide you wth a Perl-library
(http://www.vmware.com/support/developer/viperltoolkit/) so that you
can query your esx(i)-servers about load, network traffic, disk usage
etc. You query with the library, the virtualcenter server.

We made a Xymon check on the Xymon serer (very quick and dirty) but I
do have some graphs and info now that is very informative without
logging in into the vmware console. Just the normal, plain, very
informative XYmon, yahoo!

Peter