Problems with Windows Monitoring in Hobbit

andreas.sin at itc.alstom.com andreas.sin at itc.alstom.com
Thu Dec 17 17:57:06 CET 2009

Hello

I am a system engineer working in a Windows based environment. Beside
NetIQ AppManager, we are monitoring a part of our servers with Hobbit.
The central Hobbit server is a Linux RedHat 4.0 machine.

The Problem I'm facing is the following:

All of our monitored Windows servers are configured in the "central" mode
in the local stored config file (BBWin.cfg) as you can see.
<!-- bbwin mode local or central /> -->
<setting name="mode" value="central" />
<setting name="configclass" value="win32" />

Normaly in the Web interface they are reporting like this:

But when I change from "central" to "local", for enabling for example
process monitoring, which by the way works fine, the columns files, ports
and timediff are changing their color to purple, because hobbit obviously
is no longer able to get/update those data for those columns.

I've tried many things to get those columns to "green" or at least to
"clear" state, but now I resign.

So what I have to do to get those columns working as they do, when the
central mode is configured?

The BBWin Agent version we are using is 0.11.0.83

Could please someone help?

cheers
Andreas

Kind regards / Freundliche Grüsse
Andreas Sin, System Engineer

ALSTOM (Switzerland) Ltd.
(ITSSC) IT Shared Service Centre
Group Data Centre Baden

Brown Boveri Strasse 7
5401 Baden
Switzerland

Tel: +41 (0)56 205 12 21
Mobile: +41 (0)79 619 35 36
e-Mail : andreas.sin at itc.alstom.com

Mit Alstom das Klima schützen. Ist es wirklich notwendig diese Email zu
drucken?
With Alstom, preserve the environment. Is printing this email really
necessary ?
:._______________

VERTRAULICHKEIT: Dieses e-mail und alle angehängten Dateien sind
vertraulich und privilegiert. Sollten Sie nicht als namentlicher Empfänger
aufgeführt sein, informieren Sie unverzüglich den Absender und machen Sie
den Inhalt nicht für Dritte zugänglich, noch darf dieser gedruckt oder für
andere Zwecke verwendet, kopiert oder auf irgend einem Medium gespeichert
werden.
CONFIDENTIALITY : This  e-mail  and  any attachments are confidential and
may be privileged. If  you are not a named recipient, please notify the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use
it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.