[hobbit] Backup exec

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 04:08:33 CET 2009

I've actually done that, though I no longer have access to the system where
it sits...  You're right, it is easy.  Set up an alias in /etc/aliases:

   mail2xymon: "|/usr/local/bin/mail2xymon"

then run "newaliases" to 'compile' the db file for sendmail.  The script can
be any language you're comfortable with, including Cobol or Fortran if
that's what floats your boat.  All you need to know is that when it starts
up, the email appears on <stdin>.  You get headers first, in no particular
order, probably including "From:", "To:", "Subject:" and "Date:".  For
example: