[hobbit] monitoring servers in multiple networks

Shea, Graeme A Shea.Graeme.A at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue Dec 8 22:08:39 CET 2009

I still have two different configs like this. One I just point the
clients over the internet. The other I have onsite big brother servers
and they relay the information over the internet. My security is such
that any added risk from someone capturing packets on the internet is
not a big concern for us. No central configs for the clients this way
though. Most of mine are now simular to this but now go over the WAN.
The ability to monitor multiple networks like this was the deciding
factor for BB/Hobbit/XyMon

Regards

Graeme