Folders RRD info

Harold J. Ballinger hballinger at heritage-healthcare.com
Mon Aug 31 19:42:05 CEST 2009

I am writing a new ext called "folders" that will provide a check to see that folders do not exceed a certain size. For example, it will check the folders that contain each user's personal network drive, list them all with their sizes, and indicate any that are over the limit. I have this much worked out and think that I have the red, green, yellow parts of the script working properly.

However, it would be even better if I could store the sizes of these folders within Hobbit/Xymon as data in RRD and have  them graphed.

How do I send the data to Hobbit in a format that it will understand as being RRD data and that will be tied to the "folders" test for this host?

Thanks in advance!

-

Harold Ballinger
IT Manager