Devmon / MRTG

mv652 at softhome.net mv652 at softhome.net
Fri Aug 14 16:08:33 CEST 2009

Hi,

Could I get a quick-and-dirty explanation regarding the Devmon
implementation in Xymon 4.3.x?

The way I understand it, Devmon provides SNMP capabilities to Xymon so the
monitoring server can poll SNMP capable devices.

How is this different to Integrating MRTF data into XYMON, for example?

If I am interesting in getting bandwidth for various device interfaces, I am
assuming it is best to do via Devmon rather than integrate MRTG?

Lastly, is there a readme / howto that explains devmon-xymon setup?

Thanks,
Mario