[hobbit] Can´t receive client data

Thorben Advena advena at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Aug 13 09:16:24 CEST 2009

Zitat von Kevin Kelly <kkelly at lifetouch.com>:

> Did the ip address of the server change? What is BBDISP set to in
> hobbitclient.cfg on the clients?

Hi Kelly,

BBDISP="134.2.3.205" --> this is my entry in the hobbitclient.cfg. The
IP Address is my new xymon server, but i can´t receive the data -.-

Zitat von Johan Sjöberg <johan.sjoberg at deltamanagement.se>:

> Did you have a working setup with Hobbit 4.2.0, with clients that
> sent data correctly? Are you using the same IP or DNS name on the
> new server as configured in the clients?
>
> /Johan

Hi Johan,

we have a working Hobbit 4.2.0 Server with nearly 200 Clients, which
send data correctly. For my new Xymon Server i use not the same ip and
not the same hostname. I know that all my clients send the data to the
hobbit server, but i configured two clients to send the data over the
hobbit client to the xymon server.

Zitat von Stewart L <stewartl42 at gmail.com>:

> Firewall in the way?
>
> Xymon uses port 1984.

Hi,

thanks for all your help. In the test stage i don´t start my firewall,
so no firewall in the way and the xymon port is open, too.

Email: thorben.advena at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de