Monitoring "internet"

Ricardo Stella stella at rider.edu
Wed Aug 5 16:10:50 CEST 2009

Hello,

We have a request to monitor 'internet' connectivity.  (When it comes
from higherups...)

Just pinging up the line might not be good enough as we've had issues
with our providers in the recent past.  So I figured ping several well
known hosts out in the cloud and if all are out, then we have no 'internet'.

I came out with the following.  Seems to work, but figure I run it thru
the list in case someone else has done this already...

page internet Internet Connectivity
127.0.0.1  INTERNET # conn=ip1,ip2,ip3,ip4,ip5

TIA...