4.3.0.0-Beta 2 (BUG)

MFisher at hra.com MFisher at hra.com
Thu Apr 30 00:13:51 CEST 2009

There seems to be a bug in the 4.3 Beta 2 release of xymon

When clicking on the trends column, the NEW features at the top allow for
showing trends during a time interval (2 days, 12 days, etc..)

When clicking on the link, In my case (2 Days), the result is a Blank White
page with (No Such Host)

Upon researching, the url is

http://XYMONSERVER/xymon-cgi/bb-hostsvc.sh?HOST=xymonserver&SERVICE=trends&backdays=2&backhours=&backmins=&backsecs=&FROMTIME=&TOTIME=

The url SHOULD be

http://XYMONSERVER/xymon-cgi/bb-hostsvc.sh?HOST=xymonserver.contoso.local&SERVICE=trends&backdays=2&backhours=&backmins=&backsecs=&FROMTIME=&TOTIME=

The difference is in the HOST= attribute....The BUG is that it does NOT use
the FQDN as stated in  bb-hosts but that of the NETBIOS name...

I dont have a host for XYMONSERVER but i DO have a host for
XYMONSERVER.CONTOSO.LOCAL

Henrick...is this truly a bug or is it just me....

THANKS!