[hobbit] alert storm / intelligent extra mailscript

Martin Flemming martin.flemming at desy.de
Fri Apr 17 12:21:37 CEST 2009

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009, Buchan Milne wrote:

> On Friday 17 April 2009 11:16:17 Martin Flemming wrote:
>> Hi !
>>
>> I've got an problem with my colleagues and the alert-storm
>> if a hole batchfarm will be rebooted for kernel-upgrade etc.
>>   .. and the person, who did it, doesn't deactivate them or make an
>> Acknowledge-Downtime, don't ask me why ... he hate web-guis, want to make
>> only one command on the console ...
>>
>> I know, i asked something similiar before
>> http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2009/01/msg00398.html
>> Re: [hobbit] remote/commandline Acknowledge Alerts
>
> IMHO, planned changes should be preceded by disabling the tests that would be
> affected,

Yep,  you're right of course ..

> which can easily be done with a command-line ...

But how i know early the alert-id for the host/service e.g. cpu & conn for host1,host2 ?

NAME
        bb-ack.cgi - Hobbit CGI script to acknowledge alerts

        bb-ack.cgi is passed a QUERY_STRING environment variable with the ACTION, NUMBER, DELAY and MESSAGE parameters.

        NUMBER is the number identifying the host/service to be acknowledged.  It is included in all alert-messages sent out by Hobbit.

Or did i something missing ?

cheers,

        Martin