Combo tests / feature request

Jelle Smet Jelle.Smet at teleatlas.com
Fri Apr 10 10:05:18 CEST 2009

Hi list,

I'm using combo tests to test cluster logic.
In one of the cases we're using a combo test for 2 IP addresses/cluster
nodes.

If an engineer plans work on one of the 2 cluster nodes (s)he disables
all tests related to that cluster node, resulting in a blue status for
them.
But this situation turns the combo test RED, which is normal according
to the documentation:

	"A simple test - e.g. "Web1.http" - results in the value "1" if
the 	"http" test for server "Web1" is green, yellow or clear. It
yields the 	value "0" if it is red, purple or blue."

In our case disabling the combo test would also be required too to
prevent alerts being generated for the combo test.

My request is that it would be nice to have the ability to define which
colours have a 1 value and which have a 0 value, which would make combo
rules even more flexible.  It might be that this behaviour is already
available, but then I have overlooked this.

What are your thoughts?

Jelle Smet.