[hobbit] Trying to create graphs with Devmon

William Ottley wottley at cmicanada.com
Thu Apr 2 16:21:50 CEST 2009

Hi again Buchan,

Your instructions say:

2)Ensure you have "if_load::1" and "devmon" in the GRAPHS variable in
hobbitserver.cfg (should be there by default AFAIK)

What I have is: devmon::1,if_load::1

Slightly different. Is this ok?

With regards to the rrd files,
All I have is one file for each of the cisco's I'm monitoring:

$BBVAR/rrd/<hostname>/tcp.conn.rrd

I have a few servers that are being monitored, and there are several
different .rrd files.....

With regards to your #3. I'm a bit confused.
My structure is different.
I have everything in:

/home/xymon/ data
/home/xymon/ cgi-secure
/home/xymon/ cgi-bin
/home/xymon/ client
/home/xymon/ server /etc...
/home/xymon/ devmon

I don't see the hobbitgraph.d
I do see the devmon-graph.cfg in /home/xymon/devmon/extras/
So I just simply did a cat devmon-graph.cfg >> hobbitgraph.cfg

I restarted everything, and I still only get the one graph: tcp.conn.rrd

So maybe I should show you how my web page looks like, and an example of my
bb-hosts file?

My Web page has:

Switches / Firewall
                                conn                                    info
trends
firewall    conn:green:2d12h51m     info:green:10.136.209.150
trends:green:
walmart    conn:green:2d15h22m     info:green:161.174.32.2     trends:green:

Each of these sections only has 1 graph.

Bb-hosts:

page switches Switches / Firewall
group-compress <H3><I>Switches / Firewall</I></H3>
10.136.209.150 firewall         #
DEVMON:model(cisco;asa),cid(cmisnmp),tests(memory,if_stat,if_load,if_err,if_
dsc,cpu,cluster,serial,specs,connects)
161.174.32.2 walmart            # DEVMON:model(cisco;2600),cid(cmisnmp)

Does this help?

Will

--
This message has been scanned for dangerous content by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.