[hobbit] UPS units

Everett, Vernon Vernon.Everett at woodside.com.au
Wed Sep 17 15:14:11 CEST 2008

Hi Josh

I created something to monitor a UPS, then wrote another one to do more.
They are for the MGE Galaxy range.

The first version used wget to pull out the status web page, and then parsed the output to get at the info we wanted.
The next version used a lot of snmpgets to pull out the info we wanted.
It's really ugly, involved a lot of hard-coding, but it worked.
It also graphed the charge level and the output load.

I will speak to my client and ask them if I can release the code.
(Under the terms of my contract, all code I write on their time is their intellectual property)

Regards
     Vernon