[hobbit] Tricky bug in Purple status determination

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 06:43:45 CEST 2008

When a report comes in to Hobbit, the default "time to live" for the report
is 30 mins.  As long as another report comes in within that time, the timer
is reset.  If there's no report, that column goes purple.

If your test is reporting every 30 mins, there's a good chance it'll exhibit
the behaviour you describe.

What you should do is alter the test script to use the "status+LIFETIME"
format, where LIFETIME is the life span of the report, as described in the
bb man page, and make the lifetime a bit longer than the the test interval.

Ralph Mitchell