Devmon - Alert Color Question

Geoff Hallford geoff.hallford at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 15:35:13 CEST 2008

Hi All,

I know this is not the devmon list (I have sent there as well) but maybe
others have run into this issue (or what I think is an issue).

I have devmon setup and working correctly but have a situation that I don't
know how to handle. Here is the situtation:

1. A new template for monitoring a Spectracom Netclock 9283 (NTP appliance)
- I am running Hobbit 4.2.0 with all-in-one patch
2. Two branch (repeater) oids setup that go into a table for the message
3. There is 1 item in the branch of ntpTestName (GPS Antenna Sense) that I
do not want included in the message or alerting, as it is always RED
4. I added an exception entry to remove GPS Antenna Sense (AND IT WORKED)
5. PROBLEM: The status page still shows RED even though GPS Antenna Sense is
not displayed

I need this page to show GREEN and not alert on GPS Antenna Sense but don't
know how to remove that.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

## START CONFIG ##

specs file
vendor  : Spectracom
model   : Netclock 9283
snmpver : 1
sysdesc : Linux.*ntp.*

ntpdiag folder

>> oids file
ntpTestName : .1.3.6.1.4.1.18837.3.1.2.1.19.1.2 : branch
ntpTestResult : .1.3.6.1.4.1.18837.3.1.2.1.19.1.3 : branch

>> message file
TABLE:
Status|Test Name|Result
{ntpTestResult.color}|{ntpTestName}|{ntpTestResult}

>> thresholds file
ntpTestResult   : green         : PASSED|CONSOLE        : {ntpTestResult}
ntpTestResult   : red           : FAILED|ERROR          : {ntpTestResult}

>> exceptions file
ntpTestName     : ignore        : GPS Antenna Sense

>> transforms file
(EMPTY)

## END CONFIG ##

Geoff Hallford