Problem configuring HobbitFetch

Gar Nelson Gar.Nelson at noaa.gov
Fri Oct 17 18:18:03 CEST 2008

I have my Hobbit server behind a firewall.  The Hobbit server appears to
be running fine. I'm getting cpu, disk, files, etc data from client
systems on the same network segment.  With systems outside the firewall,
I am only getting the conn, info, and trends - nothing else.

I'm using hobbit-4.2.0.tar.gz source on RHEL4 WS boxes, both server and
clients.

On my outside client, /usr/local/hobbit/client/tmp has;
hobbit_vmstat.ggw-s-log.ggw.noaa.gov.10947
msg.ggw-s-log.ggw.noaa.gov.txt
The file creation dates are current, and being updated.

In /usr/local/hobbit/client/etc/clientlaunch.cfg I've changed [msgcache]
DISABLED to ENABLED
In .../hobbitclient.cfg, BBDISP="127.0.0.1"

selinux is set to permissive.

The hobbit client has been restarted.

The msgcache.log shows a normal start and listening on 0.0.0.0:1984
The clientlaunch.log does not show any errors.
The hobbitclient.log does not show any errors. (existing entries are old
errors.)

Hobbit is configured to use uid = "bb". User bb can ssh without a
password from the internal server to the external client. Tested on IP,
and all variations of the full URL, and configured alias URLs.

In /usr/local/hobbit/server/etc/bb-hosts, the external client has
"pulldata" listed after the #

The hobbit server has been restarted.

I must be missing something, but I'm not having much luck figuring out
what it is. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Gar