[hobbit] wildcards or regex with SPLITNCV

Graham Nayler graham.nayler at hallmarq.net
Wed Oct 15 14:44:24 CEST 2008

Shawn

I'm not using SPLITNCV as I wanted a bit more flexibility in the format of
the status report (I wanted to have comment line, single colons not
delimiting values etc.), but am using an external script. You may find my
earlier reply here
http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2008/10/msg00159.html useful though.

With the external script mechanism you don't need to restart Hobbit if your
test generates additional indexes, only if you add new tests. I'm not
entirely sure whether SPLITNCV works the same although it looks OK - but you
sound perfectly at home with the source, so have a look at that (do_ncv.c).
If you're interested, I attach my parsing script to the end of this - enter
the test name list and change the regex for your needs. The commented lines
were from when I was using a single RRD file for all indices, but that
doesn't give the flexibility of displaying multiple graphs, or adding
additional indices.

Graham Nayler

#!/usr/bin/python

import sys, re

def main():
    #print len(sys.argv), sys.argv
    if( sys.argv[2] in (<enter test name list here>)):
        #print "%s scanning file '%s'"%(sys.argv[2], sys.argv[3])
        data = ""
        lineno = 0
        f = open(sys.argv[3],'r')
        for line in f:
            lineno = lineno+1
            if (lineno > 2):
                mo =
re.match("(.*\s+)?([^\s]+)\s*::\s*(-?[0-9\.]*).*$",line)
                if not (mo == None):
                    if( len(mo.group(3)) > 0 ):
                        print "DS:%s:GAUGE:600:U:U"%mo.group(2)
#                        if len(data) > 0:
#                            data = data + ":" + mo.group(3)
#                        else:
#                            data = mo.group(3)
                        print "%s.%s.rrd"%(sys.argv[2],mo.group(2))
                        print mo.group(3)
        f.close()
#        if( len(data) > 0 ):
#            print "%s.rrd"%sys.argv[2]