[hobbit] Bbwin cluster.exe

Etienne Grignon etienne.grignon at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 07:05:41 CEST 2008

Hi,

2008/10/14 Everett, Vernon <Vernon.Everett at woodside.com.au>:

> I know this is a bbwin question, but the bbwin list appears to have died a horrible death, and our Windoze admin has asked me to help.
>
> --- start Windoze Admin mail ---
>
> Windows 2003 R2 SP2 x64 - bbwin external 'cluster.exe' GetVersionExW failed on this system. Error 122 This version of Windows is not supported for Windows Clustering.
>
> I've searched the lists but haven't been able to reference the BBWin external as in our configuration.
>
> Full unattended install (msiexec.exe /i BBWin_0.11.msi ADDLOCAL=ALL /qb-) so all externals are installed
>
> I've tried to run the below connected via RDP, via RDP using console switch (mstsc /console /v:<servername>) and via ILO console (this is remote management for HP servers)
>
> <servername> C:\Program Files (x86)\BBWin\ext>cluster.exe
> GetVersionExW failed on this system. Error 122
> This version of Windows is not supported for Windows Clustering.
> <servername> C:\Program Files (x86)\BBWin\ext>

I recompiled a version without the version checking. You can get it
here http://bbwin.sourceforge.net/download/cluster.zip. The function
to check version was not up to date and I don't think it is really
useful. It seems that Microsoft made some changes on the GetVersionEx
function on Windows 2003 R2 and Vista, so it is simpler to skip that
test. cluster.exe will fail if it can't find the clusapi.dll or if no
cluster is configured which is enough.

Let me know if it works better or not,

Thanks, and no, the bbwin mailing list is not dead, I'm really late on
answers I know that :-)

Etienne.