[hobbit] delete queued alerts

Josh Luthman josh at imaginenetworksllc.com
Wed Oct 15 00:01:39 CEST 2008

When Ohio was torn apart by the storm a few weeks ago I did as Henrik just
suggested.  I let it boot normally, then went in and stopped sendmail.  I
dropped the mail spool and a few hours (or a day) later when customers
started to gain power I brought it back with a clean queue.  I had several
alerts but as they were all email I didn't much mind.

The alerts I had that were for our major backhauls go to my mobile via SMS.
Those can cause an issue and really the only way I can imagine getting
around this is to create route: for the hop previous to it.

One suggestion I would love to see in Hobbit is a summary email of alerts in
the case of a certain number of red hosts.

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St