[hobbit] Looking for sample BBWIN configs for filtering Windows event logs

Shawn Heisey hobbit at elyograg.org
Fri Oct 10 19:41:57 CEST 2008

Bob Gordon wrote:
> In my case I found it easier to match based on the text rather than
> the ID.  You should be able to match on the ID rather than the text
> though...
>
> The entries that I am doing service monitoring on have entries similar
> to these:
> 	SVC "RFBOARD" startup=manual status=started color=red
> 	SVC "RFDB" startup=manual status=started color=red

This is going to be so incredibly helpful.  Do you happen to know if the
uptime "yellow alarm" value can be centrally controlled?  I've got some
Windows machines that have been up for more than 1000 days, so BBWin
reports yellow.  I haven't bothered with changing the value because
right now I'd have to do it on dozens of machines individually.

The systems with high uptimes are in continuous production, so I haven't
been able to convince the integration folks to install updates and get
them rebooted.  They're firmly behind firewalls, so I am not SUPER
concerned about their security.