[hobbit] Hobbit development

T.J. Yang tj_yang at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 9 23:30:49 CEST 2008

________________________________
> Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 14:47:52 -0400
> From: Brian-Bouchard at idexx.com
> To: hobbit at hswn.dk
> Subject: RE: [hobbit] Hobbit development
>

>>Was there a decision made regarding a separate hobbit developer list?
>

>>Also, I remember there being mention of customisable look and feel, and possibly local skins.
>
>>Are there any plans to head in that direction?
>

> Did these questions ever get answered?

Yes, Henrik said he will create a developer list.

> Also, I thought I saw in some documentation somewhere that there may be plans to allow web based configuration.
> Is that something that is in place, or being worked on?
> If not, I might be interested in taking that on if anyone is interested…

The problem of hobbit development is that WE(including me ;) still rely on Henrik to do the development.
I think it is time more more people to join the development. Since now we have moved project to sourceforge.

For Web admin GUI, we have many options,
1.  I think you mentioned catalyst(perl based) tool.
2. webmin is also perl based, bb already has a webmin module.
3. Trac admin plug-in (python) is my favorite. I like to see hobbit is another tab on the Trac UI.
    and integrate with Trac's ticket system.

I hope one day we can be as strong as samba  project that even have buildbot farm  to build the code once there  a new svn checkin.

tj