[hobbit] White-clear dots where they shouldn't be

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Oct 9 07:45:50 CEST 2008

In <gcj81m$vc0$1 at ger.gmane.org> "Eric Jacobs" <eric.jacobs at thomastechsolutions.com> writes:

>Lately, whenever I install a new Linux client (hobbit 4.20 with allinone
>patch - server the same), I get white dots (which eventually go to clear
>dots) for "files", "msgs", "ports" and "procs". Usually I have procs defined
>in hobbit-clients.cfg and I change permissions on /var/log/messages.
>Hobbitd-client on server is running with
>"--no-clear-files --no-clear-ports --no-clear-msgs". I also don't get the
>"client data" link. This didn't use to happen. So, I'm confused. Anyone else
>get this?

If you're not seeing the "client data" link, then that client is setup
for local configuration. That also correlates with the clear files/ports/msgs
statuses appearing despite your use of the options on the server.

So check how the client is configured, and change it back to server-side
configuration. You'll have to "drop" the clear statuses by hand, though.