[hobbit] Load Averages

Josh Luthman josh at imaginenetworksllc.com
Wed Oct 8 23:27:53 CEST 2008

It is not a percentage.

http://www.luv.asn.au/overheads/NJG_LUV_2002/luvSlides.html

Simply put the load is how much calculator power your box is doing.  I have
seen servers that have a value of several hundred load on a day to day
basis.

The biggest reason for it being monitored is to watch what is usual and when
you see a spike, ascend, descend, etc, you have a history to compare it to.
This value will be different for nearly every single server.

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St