[hobbit] mpstat and zonestat monitors

Tim McCloskey morphine at zwizard.com
Mon Oct 6 19:56:32 CEST 2008

You could probably write something simple to do this.  Our zones are on
a zfs slice so disk space monitoring can look odd.  Also, hobbit uses
top and other commands that do not always report correct info from
within a zone.  For example, if you have capped-memory rctl's set top
will incorrectly report the data inside a zone.

I guess it depends on what you want to monitor.  A quick hack up based
on prstat may help.  Example;
  foo at global_zone:~  prstat -mvaL -z childzone1

Know this does not help much, but it really is a topic worth discussing.
  Solaris 10 with ZFS, Zones, FSS and other cool tools is nice platform.

Regards,

Tim