[hobbit] IPv6

Ulric Eriksson ulric at siag.nu
Fri Nov 28 21:08:32 CET 2008

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008, David A. Bandel wrote:

> This is starting to become a priority for me.  I need to monitor my
> ssh servers, but they all only respond now to ipv6, so I can't :-(.

It seems to me that it should be quite possible to monitor the
servers without hobbit itself supporting ipv6. The only thing
that's necessary is a host that has both ipv4 and ipv6 (that host
can be the hobbit server) and acts as a gateway with the help of
a little scripting. That should be no more difficult than
monitoring Novell servers with IPX.

Ulric