Make a custom rrd file without NCV module

Eric LOEW eloew at eloew.org
Thu Nov 27 11:32:54 CET 2008

Hi,

I want to create a custom rrd file to display a graph on a column in
hobbit.

The column (named test2) is Ok in hobbit and write datas send from a
client hobbit on an another server. I can't use NCV module because I
want to match a specific number in a specific line.

The column display datas like this
Thu Nov 27 11:12:13 2008

&green DR jour : 3145
&green DR periode : 54
&yellow Liste de DR à problème
---------------------
|Col1 | Col2 | Col3 |
+-----+------+------+
|Val1 | Val2 | Val3 |
|Val1 | Val2 | Val3 |
---------------------

I want to make a rrd file with one value : "DR periode :" (=54).

I do a script for making rrd :
#!/bin/sh

# Input parameters : Hostname, testname (column), and messagefile
HOSTNAME="$1"
TESTNAME="$2"
FNAME="$3"

date >> /tmp/rrd_ext.log

if [ "$TESTNAME"="test2" ]
then
DR=`grep "DR periode :" $FNAME | sed "s/.*: //`

echo "DS:DR:GAUGE:600:0:600"

echo "test2.rrd"

echo "$DR"
fi

exit 0

I modified hobbitlaunch.cfg :
rrdstatus]
ENVFILE /usr/local/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg
NEEDS hobbitd
CMD hobbitd_channel --channel=status --log=$BBSERVERLOGS/rrd-status.log \
hobbitd_rrd --rrddir=$BBVAR/rrd --debug \
--extra-script=/usr/local/hobbit/server/ext/rrd-ext.sh \
--extra-tests=test2

Finaly, i restart hobbit.

But the rrd file are not created and the script is never running.

Can someone help me or give me a link to a doc ?

Eric
--
 (°-                   http://www.eloew.org                  -°)
 //\     Page sur les canaris : http://canaris.eloew.org     /\\