[hobbit] mail Test

Andreas Kunberger andreas.kunberger at itv-denkendorf.de
Tue Nov 25 10:28:50 CET 2008

Am Montag, 24. November 2008 19:33 schrieb Hanrahan, Kevin:
> Hi All,
>   Does anybody know a way to test your ability to send mail externally? I
> want to be able to verify we can send mail to an external email server.
> Being able to check mail externally would be great also. Does anybody know
> of a test or script to do this?

When we had BB running, we had a script that would send a mail with an number
to an external email address. The email was forwarded back to bbuser at ... and
a procmail script keeps the monitor green oder yellow.

Now I'm counting the mails in/out/spam and could raise an alarm if there are
no  more spams arriving ;-))

mfg
Andreas Kunberger

--