[hobbit] Preparing a 4.2.1 release

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Thu Nov 13 11:18:41 CET 2008

On Wednesday 12 November 2008 16:15:07 Henrik Størner wrote:
> I'm preparing an official 4.2.1 release (should perhaps call it
> 4.2.2). This is for two reasons:
>
> 1) To put the all-in-one patch into an official release,
>    which is apparently necessary.
> 2) To do a preliminary renaming from Hobbit to Xymon.
>
> 1) is obvious, and 2) is only for documentation and web-
> template changes. No new stuff.
>
> Except one new thing: The BBWin patch to allow the BBWin
> centralized config mode - I think this is important enough
> that it should go in now, since there are probably quite a
> few people who will want this in their setup.
>
> Anything else ? New feature stuff will not be accepted, this
> is purely a maintenance version until 4.3/5.0 arrives.

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=200811071452.59584.bgmilne%40staff.telkomsa.net&forum_name=hobbitmon-
developer

The last mail in that thread lists the 3 bugfix patches I have in the Mandriva
package (the first one may be in a newer all-in-one patch, but was not in the
one from 2007-02-09 10:30 UTC, but the last two aren't).

About the only other thing I currently patch in in the Mandriva packages is
the devmon rrd collector.

Regards,
Buchan