Xymon support sites

Galen Johnson Galen.Johnson at sas.com
Wed Nov 12 16:19:29 CET 2008

I think we need to revisit having two (or more) separate locations for people to go to get Xymon information and monitoring tools.  Having different scripts in multiple places can just confuse people.  Currently, The Shire (soon to be Xymonton) is the main area for Xymon extensions.  It's a wiki-based that subscribed users can add content to.  When a user wishes to add a new monitor (add-on, report, etc), it provides a template to allow for consistent look and feel of those tasks.  There are also plans as time permits to extend it to using one of the sqlite plugins available to enhance ease of adding/sorting new additions without having to update 2 pages.

Also, those of you who have used The Shire, any feedback (both positive and negative) would be appreciated.

Thoughts?

=G=