[hobbit] Re: Integrate rrd files into hobbit

Igor Cicimov icicimov at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 08:32:32 CET 2008

Hi all,

After some time back to this problem again. I did some small changes to the
graph definition:

[wlpub11]
        TITLE EPUB92 Threads ebspap11
        YAXIS Number
        DEF:execute=wlpub11.threads.rrd:execute:AVERAGE
        DEF:idle=wlpub11.threads.rrd:idle:AVERAGE
        DEF:hogging=wlpub11.threads.rrd:hogging:AVERAGE
        LINE1.5:execute#FF0000:execute
        GPRINT:execute:LAST:\\:%2.0lf
        COMMENT:min\\:\\g
        GPRINT:execute:MIN:%2.0lf
        COMMENT:max\\:\\g
        GPRINT:execute:MAX:%2.0lf
        COMMENT:average\\:\\g
        GPRINT:execute:AVERAGE:%2.0lf\n
        LINE1.5:idle#0000FF:idle
        GPRINT:idle:LAST:\\:%2.0lf
        COMMENT:min\\:\\g
        GPRINT:idle:MIN:%2.0lf
        COMMENT:max\\:\\g
        GPRINT:idle:MAX:%2.0lf
        COMMENT:average\\:\\g
        GPRINT:idle:AVERAGE:%2.0lf\n
        LINE1.5:hogging#3FFF00:hogging
        GPRINT:hogging:LAST:\\:%2.0lf
        COMMENT:min\\:\\g
        GPRINT:hogging:MIN:%2.0lf
        COMMENT:max\\:\\g
        GPRINT:hogging:MAX:%2.0lf
        COMMENT:average\\:\\g
        GPRINT:hogging:AVERAGE:%2.0lf\n

but all I can get now is broken graph link. This graph setting works in
shell script and I can get the image but doesn't work in hobbit. Am I
missing something in the syntax? Also as Detlef mentioned in one of his
previous responses why his graph works with max values and not with average
ones? The graph is being updated by an external custom script every 5
minutes.

The rrd database has been created as follows:

DS:execute:GAUGE:600:0:U \
DS:idle:GAUGE:600:0:U \
DS:hogging:GAUGE:600:0:U \
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:288 \