[hobbit] Custom script, rrd file, GAUGE datatype , UNKN

Anna Jonna Armannsdottir annaj at hi.is
Thu May 29 20:51:21 CEST 2008

On mið, 2008-05-28 at 15:22 +0000, Anna Jonna Armannsdottir wrote:
> I wonder if this has something to do with the fact that the
> output format from my flexlm module to Hobbit is:
> $AWK '{printf "%.19s : %d\n", $3, $11 }'
> Resulting in lines like this:
> MATLAB : 1

Maybe I found out the reason for this. The source says:
 head ./hobbitd/rrd/do_ncv.c
/*----------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
/* Hobbit RRD handler module.                                                 */
/*                                                                            */
/* This module handles any message with data in the form                      */
/*     NAME: VALUE                                                            */
/* Copyright (C) 2004-2006 Henrik Storner <henrik at hswn.dk>                    */
/* This program is released under the GNU General Public License (GPL),       */
/* version 2. See the file "COPYING" for details.                             */

So it seems that there should not be any space between the name string
and the colon. Like so: "%.19s: %d\n"

--
Kær kveðja, Anna Jonna Ármannsdóttir,   %&   A: Because people read from top to bottom.
Unix Kerfisstjórn, Reiknistofnun HÍ   %&   Q: Why is top posting bad?