help with hobbit-alerts.cfg

Taylor Lewick tlewick at tradebotsystems.com
Tue May 20 04:12:38 CEST 2008

Hi all, I wanted to set up hobbit alerting, and I wanted to set it up to
both email one group and send text messages to another group.

I verified the functionality is working completely for email, but the
SMS alerts are being sent outside of the service window I set up...

Please see below samples of the config file

First I tried...

PAGE=Location/Hosts

MAIL group at company.com SERVICE=cpu,mem,ntp DURATION>1 REPEAT=15
COLOR=red RECOVERED TIME=W:0730:1630

SCRIPT /home/hobbit/server/ext/smsplus.sh number at txt.att.net FORMAT=SMS
DURATION>3 REPEAT=30 COLOR=red RECOVERED

And in testing, we would receive text pages beyond 4:30pm.

So then I tried adding TIME=W:0730:1630 to the SCRIPT line, see below

PAGE=Location/Hosts

MAIL group at company.com SERVICE=cpu,mem,ntp DURATION>1 REPEAT=15
COLOR=red RECOVERED TIME=W:0730:1630

SCRIPT /home/hobbit/server/ext/smsplus.sh number at txt.att.net FORMAT=SMS
DURATION>3 REPEAT=30 COLOR=red RECOVERED TIME=W:0730:1630

But same result, email alerts stop past 4:30pm. But we still get the
text pages.  Can someone clue me in on what I'm doing wrong with the
text pages?

Thanks,

Taylor