[hobbit] msgs on kern.log don't go away

White, Bruce bewhite at fellowes.com
Mon May 19 18:54:21 CEST 2008

I have had this problem when one of the temp files on the client in
client/tmp was created by root when I tried starting the client with root.
The tmp file can not be removed by the hobbit user, so the status on the
messages file never changes and the messages continue to stay red.  Once I
deleted this tmp file and allowed the hobbit user to create the temp files
it needs under its ID, the problem went away.

     .....Bruce