[hobbit] dbcheck.pl not working, Timeout connecting to DBI...

Gore, David W (David) david.gore at verizonbusiness.com
Thu May 15 20:57:46 CEST 2008

Ben, did you ever get this to work.  I am having the same problem.  I
can connect fine with sqlplus from a Linux host(Redhat running the
Hobbit server) to a Solaris host running Oracle 10.x.x.x, but I cannot
get the dbcheck.pl script to run.  The script fails quickly with the
same error message:

Thu May 15 18:54:34 2008:ERROR: Timeout connecting to
DBI:Oracle:host=MYHOST;port=5521;sid=MYSID!

SID name and hostname changed in this email from what they really are.
hostname, port, and sid in dbcheck.ini match what is used by sqlplus to
connect correctly.

Any help would be appreciated.

~David