Monitor for a missing file

James B Horwath Jim_Horwath at glic.com
Fri May 9 22:15:04 CEST 2008

What is the best way to monitor for a missing log file?  For example, it I
want to make sure /var/log/messages exists, what is the best way to
accomplish this in hobbit.?  I searched the documentation and mail
archives and saw examples to example contents, but I only what if the file
is missing.

Thanks in advance,
Jim

This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information
that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination,
distribution, copying, or communication of this message is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the
message and any attachments.  Thank you.