[hobbit] Hobbit to IPPhone Beta

Charles Jones jonescr at cisco.com
Fri Mar 28 10:54:21 CET 2008

Josh Luthman wrote:
> I did get XML from that full URL, among other things I learned that
> <Prompt>It's not easy being green :-)</Prompt>
Heh, okay that's good as it seems the code is working properly.
> Now I did a helloworld.cgi that looks like:
> #!/usr/bin/perl
> print "Hello World!\n";
>
> and I get an HTTP 500 error
> [Thu Mar 27 19:57:35 2008] [error] [client 172.16.0.153
> <http://172.16.0.153>] malformed header from script. Bad header=Hello
> World!: hellowworld.cgi
> [Thu Mar 27 19:57:35 2008] [warn] /perl/hellowworld.cgi did not send
> an HTTP header
>
> So either my helloworld.cgi is wrong or mod_perl is confused, I think.
Oh yeah sorry....for it to work properly it should be:

print "Content-type: text/plain\n\n";
print "Hello World!\n";

... But I think your mod_perl is already working, otherwise you wouldn't
have gotten any XML back from your previous test.
Tell me more about this Error Number=6.  Where is it being displayed? I
have gone through all the Cisco docs, and according to them there are
only errors 1,2,3, & 4.  What model phone do you have?

-Charles