DOWNTIME and GROUP??

shea_greg at emc.com shea_greg at emc.com
Tue Mar 25 18:49:31 CET 2008

Hi all,

I have a small group of servers that have regularly scheduled
maintenance every Thursday and Saturday.
They all have 3 sets of processes to be monitored with different
blackout periods.  So one set is 24x7,
no blackout (simple), another set has a blackout period that starts
earlier than the other (around 6PM),
and the last set has a blackout period that starts later than the other
(around 8PM).

I thought about using GROUP to group all the early processes together
and the same for the late processes.
Now how do I specify a DOWNTIME entry in the bb-hosts file?  From the
bb-hosts man page
DOWNTIME=[columns:]day:starttime:endtime:cause[,day:starttime:endtime:ca
use].
If I put procs in the DOWNTIME columns, will Hobbit know to use the
GROUP functions described in hobbit-alerts.cfg?

Any help/insight would be appreciated
Thanks
-Grs-
Gregory R Shea