[hobbit] RE: [bbwin-users] [hobbit] BBWIN Client running on Exchange server issues?

Rafal Roginela Rafal.Roginela at AmeriCashLoans.net
Fri Mar 21 18:44:53 CET 2008

HI Bruce,

I'm running the client the same way on our Exchange 2003 servers too with no issues. The one thing to check is the configuration of the client and making sure that:

A) you have minimal logging set in your local BBWin.cfg file "<setting name="logreportfailure" value="false" />" otherwise agent will post to event log

B) I've included my config for the <msgs> section to show you how I mitigate the high level of reporting that can happen with Windows Event Viewer ESPECIALLY on an EXCHANGE SERVER:

<setting name="alwaysgreen" value="false" />

            <match logfile="System" type="error" delay="1h" alarmcolor="red" />

            <match logfile="Application" type="error" delay="1h" alarmcolor="red" />

            <match logfile="Application" eventid="9688" delay="1h" alarmcolor="red" />

            <ignore logfile="System" eventid="1111" />

            <ignore logfile="System" eventid="16" />

            <ignore logfile="System" eventid="10020" />

            <ignore logfile="System" eventid="5805" />

            <ignore logfile="System" eventid="5723" />

            <ignore logfile="System" eventid="12294" />

            <ignore logfile="Application" eventid="3008" />

            <ignore logfile="Application" eventid="1000" />

            <ignore logfile="Application" eventid="56" />

            <ignore logfile="Application" eventid="35" />

            <ignore logfile="Application" eventid="3015" />

Setting up to watch the event log in Windows can be tricky because Windows can generate ALLLLOT of messages for a very small issue that is not worth noting except during a monthly check. As you can see this gives me visibility into errors only, as I regularly check over my logs for oddities in warnings. And I want you to know that this list does change as I adjust the servers and the environment. Good luck, please contact me if you need additional help.

And sorry if I missed the question somehow.. :-)

Thank you,

Rafal Roginela