[hobbit] More Newbie questions.. sorry in advance..

Callahan, Tom CallahanT at tessco.com
Fri Mar 21 16:49:31 CET 2008

I use these lines:
EXCLUDE_NFS=`mount | grep nfs | awk '{print $3}'`
EXCLUDE_LIST="$EXCLUDE_NFS proc kcore core sys dev srv mount media"

for i in $EXCLUDE_LIST
do
        echo $i >> $EXCLUDE_FILE
done

To generate any NFS mounted partitions and others I want to exclude, to add
as a variable to exclude from backups as well, then my backup cmd is:

/bin/tar zcpf $BACKUP_LOC/"$HOSTNAME"_backup.`date +%F`.tgz
--ignore-failed-read --exclude-from $EXCLUDE_FILE /